Apply for the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
Are you graduating high school in 2023 and interested in pursuing computer science or a related field in university? Apply for our $30,000 CAD scholarship, plus access to a paid internship related to your field of study after your first year at university.
The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship is aimed at inspiring and educating students from underserved and underrepresented communities to pursue a future in computer science.
At Amazon, supporting underserved and underrepresented students in their computer science education is not only important to us, it’s imperative to building a diverse tech industry and future. Our Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship provides students like you with an opportunity to upgrade your careers with a $7,500 CAD/year scholarship available for up to four years. Successful applicants will also have access to a paid internship related to your field of study after your first year at univesity
Entrance scholarships will be available at the bachelor level. These scholarships are valued at $7,500 CAD per academic year, available for up to four years.
A portion of the scholarships awarded will be reserved for applicants from communities which are underrepresented in computer science.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I apply?
How do I apply?
What is the award amount?
What is the Amazon Future Engineer internship experience?
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Graduating high school (outside of Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec) in 2023
- Entering in full time studies in a first bachelor starting fall 2023
- Pursuing a degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, or other computer-science-related field of study (visit the application page for a full list of accepted degrees)
- Have a minimum average of 75% over the last three terms of available marks (visit the application page or more details). Non-academic courses such as career or personal development related courses will not be considered
- Demonstrate financial need
What fields of study are eligible?
- Computer Science, General
- Computer Engineering, General
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Hardware Engineering
- Computer Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Game and Interactive Media Design
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Systems Engineering